We went to Shepherd's Harvest which combines with Llama Magic. I like to see the llamas, goats, sheep, and angora rabbits. The numbers are smaller than the state fair, even the county fair so it is a little more fun. I also went to find some yarn to make a knit lace scarf.
![]() |
| A Very Serene Llama |
| ||||||||||||||||||||
| An Angora Goat with an Itch |
![]() | ||
| An Ewe and Two Horned Dorset Lambs |
My initial choice was a little heavier than recommended for the pattern. Under the skein of mohair is the pattern for the scarf. You really cannot see the scarf in this picture but I thought it was a fitting picture to post on Mother's Day.
Yesterday I picked some lily of the valley for the house. I went out early in the morning while the dew was still on the ground. It felt like I was in a magical picture that came to life around me. The lily of the valley are scenting the entire room and that is just as magical. Just because they are so perfect right now, I took some pictures to show them to you when we got home this afternoon. They line both sides of a garden path on the north side of the house. I sat on the path to take pictures. It felt like I was in an elven wonderland. The scent of the flowers was intoxicating.





2 comments:
Loved reading about your yarn adventure. The color is lovely.
I am jealous of your lily of the valley. As successful as I have been with other varieties of flowers here, I cannot grow these. I had them in Michigan, but have had several failed attempts here. The pictures of them are so lovely I could almost smell the scent.
Your yarn is quite lovely, I can't wait to see how the scarf turns out. I hope you had a wonderful mother's day with your boys.
Post a Comment