Thursday, November 18, 2010

Since before the weekend, we have seen very little of the sun.  Apparently November is the cloudiest month of the year for Minnesota.  November 2010 seems to be proving that statement true.  I have been keeping myself busy.  I wonder if perhaps I am trying to do too many things at the same time. 






First is a little cross stitching. 








Three little sewing projects are we
Today I cut the fabric to make three pockets, both for the pocket and the lining.  I think that you can easily determine the pairs. 






And just for good measure, I am doing a little knitting.  Is this foolhearty?  I really cannot say.  A number of years ago, I began this chevron stitch vest but stopped in the middle of a row, never to resume knitting.  Eventually I ripped what I had knit and rolled each yarn into a ball. 

For some unknown or perhaps unknowable reason I developed a strong urge to try it again.  Last month, I carefully knit a couple swatches to determine if I was knitting to gauge.  Then a little more than a week ago, I cast on the requisite number of stitches and began knitting.  Rows one and two in the first multi-color were easy, plain old knit.  Rows three and four in the solid color fuzzy chenille were slightly more difficult as I had to establish the pattern stitch and the chenille made it difficult to see what I was doing.  At the end of row four, my stitch count was correct so I deduced that I had done it correctly.  Rows five and six in the multi-color mohair were a little easier simply because the mohair made it easier for me to see what I was doing.  Rows seven and eight in the solid color cotton tape were almost my undoing.  It was still difficult for me to see the developing pattern stitch and I made a couple miscounts.  After ripping out and reknitting a couple times, I had the pattern stitch correctly established and I could see it.  Beginning with rows nine and ten, the knitting seemed to work itself. 

I would like to have this sleeveless vest to wear on Christmas but there is little to no chance that will happen.  I would consider myself very fortunate to finish the back by Christmas. 

2 comments:

Christine said...

Maybe next Christmas? Its going to be pretty though

nela said...

tu puedesss.. andale que si lo terminas... esta hermosisimo