Monday, June 28, 2010

Surprise Surprise!!

Please play a drumroll fanfare.  Maybe add some herald trumpets too!! 



Both floral motifs are done.  My deadline was to finish them by the first of July.  I can begin to finish each into a little fabric box.  The silk that is behind them will cover the boxes. 

After stitching the first one, on the left, I decided that I liked the way the two shades of scarlet gave the flower dimension.  For the second one, I decided to add some dark green to give the leaves dimension.  I know that I used white and and off-white for the lilies of the valley in the first one; I decided that I needed to use two other choices to show a little more contrast.  I think that the second attempt is still very subtle. 

After I took this picture, I decided to take a picture of my blooming orchid.  In that extra short time, Mooch found the silk and decided I put it out for him. 

 And here he is!!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Now isn't that just like a cat?
Looking forward to seeing the finished boxes

The Mad Stitcher said...

Love, Love, Love these and the silk is perfect for it. You have my address right? :)

Kathy aka The MadStitcher