Sunday, June 13, 2010

I took these pictures a week ago and intended to show them to you while we were away.  But, and this is a very important but, I forgot that I left the pictures on the PC and did not take them along on the laptop.


This is Pillow Talk, one of my favorites.  I think that I just might say that all of the peonies are my favorites.  Does that mean that I am indiscriminate or just that I like peonies?  I like this one because of the cream deep inside the center.  That little bit of double color is fascinating to me.

The second one is Lotus Queen, a single Japanese variety.  As far as I know, all Japanese peonies are single.  They have a disk of petals and do not have a fluffy mass of petals.  And if it has a yellow pom pom in the center, it has to be a Japanese variety. 

In an average or more normal year, the peonies would be at their peak right now.  They are past their prime and it is time to cut the stems back so they do not go to seed. 

Yesterday it was a cool, rainy day.  We went to a Geocaching event.  It was fun to socialize with other cachers even if it was not the best day.  I took a family of novice cachers out to find a cache in the park.  Until yesterday, the only caches they had found were temporaries set out specifically for training purposes at caching events.  This was the first time they hunted for a "real" one.  Because I had not found it before, I got to log it in as a find.  The kids and Mom seemed to enjoy the caching; I am not certain Dad thought much of it.  The kids are now begging for a GPS.   :-D   I think Mom will get one for them.  I told her what to look for and a quick, easy place to get it.  I think Mom  looked at this as an interesting summertime activity for the kids.  I know that I would. 

Today looks cool and rainy.  June tends to be a rainy month in Minnesota and 13 June more likely than not is rainy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda

I love peonies- especially the blousy pink ones.

Here I think the pink ones are over early too- but the red ones are in bud. They usually come out later.

Christine said...

Lovely paeonies. If the white one was pink it'd look just like your stitching in the post below