

Are rainy days baking days? This rainy day is but it was going to be a baking day no matter the weather. I feel like I have been on a baking marathon - - - chocolate chip bars, molasses raisin bars, and oatmeal raisin cookies. I think that cookies are very time consuming and fussy to make in comparison to bars so it is an indication of how much I like a person when I bake cookies. Roger asked for oatmeal raisin cookies. It has been so long since I last made cookies that I cannot remember when it was.
Because Kathy likes poppies, here is one of my poppies. I am supposed to have white poppies and some light pink poppies but I am yet to see them blooming in my garden. I have an oversupply of orange poppies and will be thinning them out this summer. I have one huge poppy clump that has never bloomed. I wonder what I can do to coax it to show its flowers.
The rain today is very welcome. Last night I planted an assortment of flower seeds and some cilantro. The rain has been very light all morning; there are no rivulets of water tracing channels in the dirt. It is all slowly being absorbed into the soil. It is so good for the seeds and all of the plants.
2 comments:
Linda, the poppies are gorgeous! I wish there was a way for me to get the poppies you will be purging! I have saved these photos and I may have them enlarged and framed! Thank you for sharing these.
Linda, these photos are wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing them. I am saving these and will have them enlarged and framed. I wish there was a way that I could get the poppies you are purging. I love them! You do seem to have a green thumb.
Post a Comment