Friday, October 31, 2014

Come Look at My Jell-O

It is a brain.  I dug out my brain mold for Halloween. 

There is no progress on Little Bo Peep or First Stitches. 

But Gracie got Moonie's Harvest Pumpkin on Tuesday this week.  Considering that the Post Office said Gracie's Grandmother would not get it until Wednesday, that was pretty good.  She took it to Gracie on Tuesday.  When Gracie took it out of the box, she said that it was Moonie.  Not too bad. 

I pressed heat transfers onto 70 tote bags this week.  It was decided that I only needed to do 70 and not 100.  Another project down. 

My next project for Just Cross Stitch magazine arrived last Friday.  I made a wrong cut when I serged the edges and have to wait for a new piece of linen to come, maybe tomorrow. 

This is my next new project but it is going to be put on hold for a while.It is Dog House Sampler from Little House Needleworks.  I am substituting the white floss for the ecru floss because it will show up better on the linen I selected.  It will become another pillow for a child,  a little boy this time.  I had stitched all of the alphabet but had to pick out everything beginning with the third row.  I miscounted the location of the "H" so the whole row was off and I based the next rows on it, consequently they were off too,  It is almost like starting from the beginning.  I will have little time to stitch on it when the new linen comes from Just Cross Stitch.  I do stitch on it a little in the evening but some of the time in the evening, I have been knitting.

8 comments:

viv said...

So glad Gracie loved Moonie. Sorry about the sampler miscount, but you must have been in the mood to pick.
I need the right frame of mind before I can undo and begin again. Happy stitching. As for the Jell-o, well, what can I say?

diamondc said...

Linda: Love the brain, how funny.

Hugs
Catherine

Christine said...

Only 70? What WILL you do with all the extra time that's been freed up? ;)
I'm glad Gracie liked Moonie, and I love love love the brain jelly!

Deb said...

Wow! Realistic brain!
So sorry the frogs came to visit. Hope they are back in their pond soon.
Looking forward to seeing your next magazine project!

Faith... said...

Cute mold! So kind of you do do something for Gracie.

Von said...

That brain mold is a little too realistic for my liking! :D
You always have lots of great stitching projects going. Hope the next start on the magazine project goes better!!

Annabelle said...

That brain jello is creeping me out, I think I shall have nightmares of that image tonight. It would be a perfect thing to make for kids though.

I love that Gracie was happy with her pillow and was able to identify her little kitty.

Pamela D. Atkinson said...

Wanted to say Merry Christmas and I added your blog to my 'Links I Follow' on my homepage! hugs, and happy stitching, Queeny