Thursday, October 2, 2014

I just forget

It seems to be very difficult for me to keep on track with my blog entries; that is even though it helps me keep on track with my stitching.  What have I been doing?  This morning before the sun rose, I walked 3.25 miles.  It was all uphill as I climbed out of the Mississippi River valley.  Now I am cleaning radiators; it is a messy, thankless task.  I really need to clean all of them before I begin to paint the three I have marked for painting.  I can only hope it improves our fuel efficiency during the winter.  Simultaneously I am working on the laundry.  It certainly is not glamorous work.  I love my kindergarteners; they are a lovely class.  We took them to an apple orchard for their first field trip.  They were extremely exuberant on the bus but noisy.  They did not yell or scream; they just talked loudly constantly.  We had a full bus with two classes in it.  By the time we got back to the school, it seemed like they had sapped every ounce of my energy.  It is good that their parents are much younger than I am.

I do continue to stitch. 
As you can see the arch around Little Bo Peep is finished and I have stitched in the sky.  















I continue to make progress on my XOUFO.  The stitching is going much easier and quickly since I finished the pansy row. 

7 comments:

Faith... said...

Your XOUFO is coming along beautifully! Did you start it in 2000?

I think God knew what he was doing in giving the children to the young and the grandchildren to us older people, we just don't have the energy to keep up with them - but I found I do have more patience for my grandson and his constant questions!

Annabelle said...

Little ones can be exhausting! I try to wear my toddler out, but it backfires and I wear out before she does! I was hoping I would eventually have more energy than her, but if kindergarteners are still an exuberant bunch, I'm in for a world of trouble!

Your stitching is coming along nicely. Are these projects for yourself or others?

Deb said...

That is quite a trek!
Bless your heart for braving a field trip with small children!
Wip's look beautiful!

Christine said...

How old are kindergarteners Linda?
My class are a mix of Y2 and Y3, so they are mostly 6 or 7 at the moment, they are certainly strong little characters at that age.
Lovely stitching!

Unknown said...

You really have been busy!
Your stitching lovely - love the 2000 project.
I care for my grands 4 or 5 days a week - 5, 2.5 and 1.5. Exhausted is my middle name!
Enjoyed catching up with you.

viv said...

The walk sounds like a major accomplishment to me and your stitching is lovely as usual. Small doses of that many young children are probably all any of us can manage these days.
I love to be with them and feel mentally energized, but it is draining physically.

diamondc said...

I do love children, they are so open to learning such little sponges, it is sometimes so much fun listening to them talk, they give me such a giggle, I think they do zap us of our energy, but what a great way to lose our energy.
Love both of your stitches, the Little Bo Peep looks so interesting, love the pansy's.

Many Blessings
Catherine