Thursday, October 23, 2014

Yes, Christine, I commented on your most recent entry so I am writing an entry.  I was looking through the bogs I follow before I went to compose the entry.  There is lots to tell you so let's begin at the beginning.  I have four finished to make up.  I think I have never had that many at one time. 

My first ornament of the year.  Four years ago I made a friend Patience in the Christmas Virtues Series I by Thea Dueck.  I made it for the only person I knew at the time who would appreciate Patience.  It had significant meaning for her.  Each subsequent year I have made another Christmas Virtue, Faith, Hope, and now Charity. 





This is Moonie's Harvest Pumpkin Pillow.  It was made especially for a certain little girl named Gracie.  Gracie has some serious physical issues.  She had extensive surgery this summer to help relieve the issues.  She has a little black cat named Moonie.  I got this cute freebie pattern from her grandmother and decided to stitch it for her customizing it to more closely resemble Moonie.  Moonie has amber eyes and I know that the eyes do not go very well with the pumpkin.  Moonie also has black lips like my black cat Mooch but I made the lips pink because black would not show up very well; I already knew it would not show up well.  I tried using black thread with black blending filament for the nose which is black like Mooch's.  It did not show up so I stitched on a small black button.  I stitched in whiskers with charcoal gray thread because her whiskers are black like Mooch's; it is subtle but the whiskers do show.  I pieced the pillow top with red fabric because red is Gracie's favorite color.  And, yes, I know it does not go well with the pumpkin.  The name of the game is this is specifically for Gracie. 
The horizontal paisley stripes at the top and bottom of the top are leftovers from my sons' Siamese twins costume for the musical the high school did during their senior year; that was back in November, 1987.  They became the Siamese twins because they are twins, because one of them worked on the production crew for several years, and because they were seniors.  We called the character The Meezies and we still call the character The Meezies.  The fabric in the vertical stripes close to Moonie are from the leftovers of the Meezies' coat; it is the yellow diamonds on red.  We still have one of the coats and I wear it during the winter.  When one of the guys saw the pillow, the first thing he said was "The Meezies." 

Little Bo Peep is coming along.  This is the top and I think you can see some of the glitter in the stripe fabric.  For family privacy, I have blotted out her name and birthdate.  The top is still missing its ruffle.  It will be the dark pink fabric and maybe there will be a second ruffle of white eyelet. 










First Stitches is finished with all the beads.  I need to stretch it on some mat board and pop it into its frame.  Finishing these last two may be interrupted.  

I have to fuse a transfer on each of 100 tote bags for our church.  I am also expecting a new project from Just Cross Stitch.  Speaking of which my white poinsettia is in the current issue.  That is what I was working on when I broke my arm earlier this year. 

In the evenings I feel the need to stitch so I am working on a new design which will become a pillow for another child.  I will show that to you next week, maybe.  There is just too much in this post to do it now.  I am also digging out another XOUFO and lining up the threads for it. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm enjoying seeing your projects, especially that kittie for Gracie.
Blessings, Donna bbinteractive

Deb said...

My gosh your work is beautiful!!!

viv said...

Great finishes and enjoyed reading the comments about each.

Annabelle said...

You have been a busy bee! I think that the kitty and pumpkin pillow is a sweet gift for that little girl. You are so king to think of others in their struggles.

Christine said...

Lovely work Linda, the black cat pillow for Gracie is adorable