I am going to go back to the comments to my last post; there were some questions and comments that I would like to address.
Faith asked if I started First Stitches in 2000. Yes, I did. I stitched the final stitches of Last Stitches on 31 December 1999 and the first stitches of First Stitches on 1 January 2000. I continued stitching daily until I got to the butterfly row. I needed to have a filler row to take up the horizontal threads that would be left when I rewrote the wording to read "First stitches of 2000" which would go with "Last stitches of 1999" on Last Stitches. I completely bogged down on that and put the sampler away until this year.
Annebelle asked if the projects are for myself or someone else. First Stitches is for me and I have the mats and frame to go with those of Last Stitches. I will hang them together where I can see them frequently and often. Little Bo Peep will be pieced into a pillow top for the daughter of our nephew whom I will just refer to as our niece. The pillow will have a tooth fairy pocket on the back. I made a Little Boy Blue pillow for her brother.
I answered Christine privately right after I posted her comment. She lives in Cornwall and I needed to explain some general things about education in the US and specific things about the school district in which I live. Kindergarten in the US is comparable to Y1 in Great Britain.
Now for where I am. Monday mornings I go to school to help with one class of kindergarteners. Tomorrow I get to have extra time with them. They are going on a field trip to the local fire station to learn about fire safety. It is close enough that they will walk. I will be a chaperone. Please wish me well as I am certain they will be exuberant. My son will be one of the firefighters conducting the lesson and I am certain my teacher will point that out to them as well as the fact that Firefighter Bill is the father of one of the children in the class.
Little Bo Peep, except for her shoes and the hill are done. I need to stitch in the sheep, the flowers, Little Bo Peep's shoes, and the tree.
The design work is almost finished. The end is coming into sight.


5 comments:
Such distinguished professions!
Good luck with the kiddo's.
Wip's look very pretty!
Thank you for the answer! :)
I like the fact that you were determined enough to stitch it again after all these years. Enjoy the trip to the Fire Station tomorrow and enjoy time visiting with your son while you are there!
Little Bo Peep looks good.
Have fun at the fire station! Such a coincidence as the Fire Station in our village is one of only a handful of places we can take ours on foot, so they get a trip there every year.
Lovely stitching on your WIPs
Oh Linda: Your Little BOPeep is adorable.
I am sure you will have just as much fun as the Children will.
Good luck.
Catherine
Beautiful stitching linda...you are amazing!! keep up the lovely work! hugs and happy stitching, Queeny
Post a Comment