Saturday, July 21, 2012

Summer Saturday Fun

We went to a smoothie tasting event/fund raiser.  Eight tenants of an international market place prepared nine different smoothies for participants to taste and then vote for their favorite.  Participants were encouraged to wear aloha shirts because the sponsors would be looking for interesting shirts.   To tell the truth, most of the shirts looked ordinary.  It did not surprise me when people running the event wanted to take pictures of us.  They said our shirts looked very nice.  I told them that I made the shirts.  They said, "Oh, wow!"

I made Roger's shirt for our vacation in Hawaii in 2000.  I call the shirt Blue Hawaii.

I made the shirt that I am wearing for one of our sons.  At the time I was extremely ill and made a major mistake as I assembled it.  I did not know what I had done at the time and manipulated the pieces of the shirt to fit correctly and hang correctly which it does do.  I entered it in the State Fair that year and took home a Third Place; that was as high as the judges were willing to go on it because it had short sleeves, not long sleeves and because it was a casual, cotton shirt.  It was after the fair that I realized what I had done wrong.  Then everything that I had to do to the shirt made sense.  It still amazes me that you cannot tell how seriously flawed the shirt is. 

Our favorite smoothie was a strawberry, vanilla yogurt smoothie.  We also liked a mango smoothie with bubble tea and a non-alcoholic pina colada smoothie.  I was quite surprised that the date vanilla smoothie tasted as good as it did.

I would love to show you my progress on the charity stocking but blogger is refusing to upload and post the picture horizontally and is turning it on its side.  When I can convince blogger to upload and post correctly, I will show you my progress. 

2 comments:

Christine said...

Great picture of the two of you in your Hawaiian shirts.
Vanilla and date sounds good to me

viv said...

You two look great in your shirts.