Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happpy Fourth of July

It is the Fourth and we are melting.  Over night last night, the temperature never went below 80° F.  We are having record and near record daytime high temperatures with astronomically high humidity.  I have retreated to the comfort of the A/C inside.  For the most part, I am trying to chill out. 


My assignment was to make a red, white, and blue Jell-O.  Taaa-daaa, here it is.  Yes, I know it is in a Christmas Tree bowl.  It is the best that I could do.  I needed a bowl with 1 quart capacity.  I measured the bowl that I would have preferred but it filled to the rim and then a little more.  As it was with the bowl, I spilled some of the red Jell-O when I put it in the refrigerator.  My other assignment for dinner is to shred the cabbage for slaw.  As you can see, I do not get the exciting tasks. 



Until the baptism is scheduled when I can add the name and date, the banner is finished for now.  Yesterday I put in the last of the lettering. 

2 comments:

Christine said...

Hope you had a great 4th. You can send some of that summer weather this way if you like, ours has been a wash out!
Thanks for the little hat pattern by the way

diamondc said...

Linda: Beautiful stitching, the bowl looks like the right bowl it looks like fire works were shot up and the star is ready to explode I love it.
Happy Fourth.
Catherine