I have just finished stitching Joy and may even construct the ornament today or tomorrow.
The design is by Jeanette Douglas and was published in the Just Cross Stitch Ornaments 2010 issue. Unintentionally, I substituted a darker, richer, reddish color thread for the ribbon. Quite frankly, I am very pleased with it. I also substituted Delica beads for Mill Hill beads. The colors are essentially the same. The Delicas were handy and I did not have to go into my unheated storeroom, the porch. At this time of the year, it alternates between being a walk-in refrigerator and a walk-in freezer. The fabric to the left is the silk that I will use to cover the back.
Progress is a little slower on Goodwill to All. It is by Barbara Jackson of Tristan Brooks Designs. It was published with two co-ordinating designs in the Winter 2002 issue of Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly. I have already stitched the other two designs.
All three of these little ornaments are intended to be gifts.


3 comments:
Linda what a couple of beauties to stitch.
Merry Christmas to You and Your Family.
The 'Joy' ornament is so elegant - I love it!
Lovely finish Linda
Post a Comment