Sunday, December 4, 2011

Showing Off Finishes

Before I get into the finishes, I want to show you our dwarf Alberta Spruce in its winter coat.  During the night, we had a little snow; it is not very deep but it is clean and white.  I took this picture before the sun was up.  The sun is up now but we cannot see it with all the clouds in front of it.  It is not cold just cold enough to prevent the snow from melting.  It is starting to look like Christmas time in Minnesota.

On to the finishes.

Do you remember the three pockets in progress?

They are now finished and I hope to send them to their recipients tomorrow.





Front sides, maybe they are the backs - - -

It just seems like the fancy work should be on the front.





The backs showing the linings inside the pocket flaps, the buttons, and the button loops. 

Even the backs are a little fancy.  



The back of the second plain pocket
The first plain pocket has reached its intended recipient who is in the process of decorating it.  

I am not yet certain what I will do with it but it is ready for anything!! 


The front is very plain and unremarkable.   :-D 

Friday and yesterday I forced myself to do this finishing.  Each day when I looked at what I had done, I felt pleased that I had followed through. 

2 comments:

Christine said...

Lovely pockets Linda.
I am almost jealous of your snow. Almost ;)

viv said...

Lovely finishes and like Christine, I'm "almost" jealous of your snow. Makes for a great picture.