Sunday, December 11, 2011

Two More Finishes

Do you remember these little designs? 

Vibrant Woodland
 I had finished Vibrant Woodland and just begun Sunset Desert when I received a model to stitch for Just Cross Stitch Magazine. 

Sunset Desert  
Originally, I intended them to go into the top of a small box to be a high school graduation gift for each of two nieces. 

That was a nice idea but the younger of the two graduated from college this past June.  You might say that I really missed the boat on this one. 

When I returned the model to JCS, I picked up Sunset Desert again and finished it.  Quite frankly, the idea of putting them into the box tops freaked me out.  As it turned out, I had good reason to be freaked out.  No matter how carefully I measured and cut, I had a terrible time getting everything the correct size. 

The end result is that I set both aside for a couple weeks.  Yesterday I thought that I might do a little work on each one.  I put a DVD, a l-o-n-g DVD, Random Passage, into the player.  I lined up all of my tools and supplies on the floor in front of the television and began to work.  It was not that the work went so easily but I just continued to work.  Each box developed its own problems that I had to solve.  I worked all afternoon. 

My list of tasks for yesterday went something like this. 
1.  Make a treat for a Christmas gathering
2.  Do a little finishing on at least one of the boxes
3.  Clean the bathroom

My list of accomplishements
1.  Made the treat
2.  Completely finished both boxes

Tomorrow, I will send the boxes.  How wonderful, both fit into one Amazon.com box. 

This afternoon, I will have to clean the bathroom so I can check that off my list. 

3 comments:

Christine said...

They're lovely Linda!

diamondc said...

Linda: How lovely they are you do such nice work.
Merry Christmas
Catherine
diamondc

viv said...

I'm sure they will treasure them and appreciate them even more now.
Great stitching and finishing.