Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Blessings to All

Sometimes it is difficult to remember to be thankful for all of our blessings.  Food takes such a central position in Thanksgiving that it tends to overshadow everything else.  I guess that I willingly fall into that trap. 

Yesterday afternoon I made almond krokant for the salad and toasted almonds for the green beans.  This morning I made the cranberry sauce and simmered dried cranberries in a bit of the liquid from the sauce for the green beans.  Earlier this week I roasted some of the pumpkins we grew and prepared pumpkin purée.  Today it went into a pumpkin pie.  The turkey is in the oven.  Really and truly, I can hardly wait to eat. 

I have been working on a couple fabric pockets. 
I cut the fabric and am ready to begin stitching the pockets together. 

3 comments:

diamondc said...

Linda: Happy Thanksgiving to you and your Family, the photos of the roasted nuts look so yummy, I love to cook I am not the best at it but we donot go hungry. The fabric for the fabric pockets lokk lovely, I look forward to seeing the finished projects.
Blessings to you.
Catherine

Christine said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
PS you are an absolute star. Thank you.

Kathryn said...

Mmmmm, Food and Fabrics look fabulously Fine!