Thursday, March 3, 2011

For now, I am concentrating on the Quaker design.  I have finished the stitching and assembled the parts for the finishing.  At the moment, the glue is drying.  Everything is probably dry right now but I will wait until tomorrow to assemble everything.  As you can see, the Quaker design will become the top of the little box.  I have the pieces to line the inside of the cover and bottom ready to go into place. 


Winter refuses to give up its grip on us.  Today is a little colder than yesterday.  We saw a little new snow this morning.  It feels like the perfect day for soup. 

We have a kettle with short ribs and vegetables on the stove to make soup broth.  The scent is heavenly. 

1 comment:

Christine said...

The quaker is lovely! When I first read "Kettle with short ribs" I was visualising some kind of strangley shaped water boiling device then I realised what you meant!