Last week, this was the masterpiece, a king cake in Minnesota. I honestly do not know how closely this matches up with a real New Orleans king cake. I could not find coarse grained sugar to make my own sugar sprinkles. I could not find purple sugar so I substituted lavender. Unlike the New Orleans king cakes, mine does not have a charm or nut inside; it just did not seem to be necessary because if we have a king cake next year, I will still have to make it.
What does Mooch have to do with Mardi Gras? Truthfully, not much but Monday he amazed me. I stayed home while Roger and Ben shoveled snow from the walks at church. Our other son, Dan, declined my offer to drive him to work in favor of walking. At the time he left, I was in the bedroom changing sheets. When he raised the garage door to leave the house, Mooch raced down the hall, jumped on the bed and flew across the bed, landing on his hind feet standing on a box to look out the window. I was curious about what he wanted to see; he trained his eyes on the street in front of the house. There was Dan walking down the street. Mooch continued to watch until Dan was out of sight. So it seems that probably most mornings, Mooch is watching in the window saying good-by to Dan.
This picture was taken a couple years ago in the summer. It does show how Mooch looks out the window.


1 comment:
I'd never heard of King cakes until this year, do you not have pancakes for Shrove Tuesday?
Too funny how Mooch rushes to say goodbye!
Post a Comment