Let's see.
1. The three fabric pockets: Done
2. The sweater back: Done
3. The Quaker motif: Done
I have been trying to keep myself busy. I have not yet begun one of the sweater fronts but plan to sometime in the unforeseeable future.
Baking: Did you know that it is baking season? Well it is and so we are baking cookies. After working on these two batches, I suddenly remembered why I like to make bar or pan cookies. Real cookies are extremely labor intensive. It began with the sandbakkels. Because that dough needed to chill over night, I decided to make dough for chocolate crinkles which also needs to chill over night. Yesterday, I baked both batches; following that I needed to chill out. They do look scrumptious, don't they? They do taste as good as they look.
Today there will be two more cookie batches. In our Tastes of Christmas cookie plan, we now have chocolate and almond. The next flavors will be pecan in Russian tea cakes and cardamom in cardamom cookies.
Yes, I am stitching and here is a little peek at the current project, three ornaments which will be little gifts.
The design is a little freebie from Thea Dueck, Victoria Sampler. Two will be to mark the first Christmas of each of two little girls; the third is just a little gift for a friend. I am making minor modifications in the design on each. If you are checking on the freebie, why not explore the website a little? Did you see the Winter Box shown on the home page? I plan to stitch it.


1 comment:
Yumm! Are the sandbakkels the ones that look like little madeleines?
Post a Comment