Sunday, May 23, 2010





It has been so long since I have written anything and read any of the blogs that I watch. I know that I have a lot to read.

I thought that you might like to see some more spring in Minnesota. While we spent the major part of last week in the Black Hills, the spring flowers continued to open earlier than usual. The tulips and daffodils are now growing seeds. I must go out quickly and cut the stems back so they put their energy into producing bulbs to bloom next spring and not seeds.

The lilacs are gone. Usually they bloom at the end of May. The irises have begun to bloom and they do not usually do so until June. We have had some hard weather which has beaten the irises a bit. I am not certain if I will be able to get nice pictures of them as they open this year. At least six varieties are now in bloom. Old Black Magic did not bloom well last year and has several stems in bloom right now. Black Swan did not put in an appearance last year but will do so this year.

I have four very dark irises, Old Black Magic, Black Swan, Swazi Princess, and Interpol. Interpol is not blooming this year and most likely Swazi Princess is not either. All four of my dark irises are blue/black.

No comments: