Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring Is Wonderful




I am still amazed by our gorgeous, early spring. The cherry is blooming and so are the creeping phlox. I should have put something beside the creeping phlox to give you an indication of their size. It makes a beautiful carpet, especially in the spring but the flowers are small. I like the stars in the middle of the pink variety but then I like the periwinkle variety too with its dainty center.

It was very interesting yesterday; we got a telephone call from the Wilder Found- ation. It is a very highly respected human services non-profit. The woman calling wanted one of us to partic- ipate in a survey about public health issues. Because it was the Wilder Foundation, I said that we would. The person in the household with the birthday closest to the day, yesterday, was targeted. That was Roger. Some of the things he talked about were quite interesting. Just this morning I read an article in one of the local newspapers about homelessness in the area. A Wilder Foundation study on homelessness was cited in the article. I wonder when/if we will see the Wilder Foundation cited in an article in the future dealing with public health issues.

No comments: