Friday, April 2, 2010


Here is the Quaker motif with the stitching finished. I will use the floral print beside it for the finishing.

Yesterday I went shopping for a new spring outfit. I wanted a dress or a co-ordinated skirt outfit. Since I have nothing that I can wear from spring into summer, I decided it was time to go shopping.

Shopping can be such a demoralizing process. I went into shop after shop looking for something. The clerks would show me dresses and my only response could be, "That would make me look like a mother-of-the-bride. Since I have no daughters I would not want someone to make that mistake." From there it would become even worse. I could hardly believe my eyes with some of the suggested choices. Frequently my only response was, "I am old enough to be your mother if not your grandmother. If I were to wear that, it would make me look like a superannuated hooker." Then I would go through the criteria again:
1. Spring colors
2. A dress or co-ordinated skirt outfit
3. That means not a pant suit.
4. A little dressy is okay.
5. Very casual is not okay.

I really wanted something in pink or blue but did find something in lavender, a floral print skirt with a co-ordinating lavender lacy knit sweater. I thought it might be nice to have a new white shell to wear with it. It was a good thing I slipped the shell inside the sweater because I have to shorten the shell by about two inches.

Emulating little Mooch who is a very pleasant and agreeable cat with a very nice disposition, I can truly tell you I liked the outfit more when I brought it into the house than when I took it out of the shop. I like it better today than I did yesterday.

1 comment:

The Mad Stitcher said...

I agree about the shopping! I really hate it when I have to purchase something new. But I am glad you found something you like. I bet it looks great. I love lavender.

BTW, how are the seedlings? Mooch still behaving?