I just checked back in my blog archives. My first post was 17 April 2009. I posted a picture of a white crocus. It looks like it is at its prime. This year, the crocuses?, croci? have bloomed and are gone.
The chives, snowberry, and yarrow have escaped and are running free in the garden. After taking away some of the iris covering, I turned my attention to the unruly plants in the garden. The worst of the lot is the chives. Although I know more will show up, for the time being we have just the primary plant. While I like the snowberry with its white berries, its growing habit is very untidy and it is way too aggressive for our garden. We took it out last year but left behind some of the roots. Surprise, surprise, the roots are sending up new shoots. I dug them out but know more will return. Last but not least is the yarrow which sent some feelers out into a Siberian iris. For now, I did the best that I could to remove them but will dig up the iris after it has bloomed and remove the yarrow from it. At that time, I will dig out some of the yarrow clump.
Following this, I turned my attention to less targeted, general weeding. I wonder how long I will keep this up. It was surprising to discover how warm the soil is.
1 comment:
Chives are promiscuous little devils aren't they, but I think marjoram is worse, I've got that coming up everywhere!
Post a Comment