Blogging got away from me. I do not know if this entry is late for this past week or early for the coming week. Let's say early for the coming week and forget about the past week.
This morning was magical. I was standing with my back to the sun admiring the vine with little red trumpet shaped flowers that I grow for hummingbirds. As I was looking I heard a buzzing sound coming closer and closer to me and then I heard cute little chipping chips. It was a hummingbird checking each one of the tiny hummingbird sized flowers. When it was done, it came down right in front of me at eye level and hovered long enough for me to talk to it. Life is wonderful.
I go back to school this coming Monday. School actually began Tuesday. The past week was Welcome Week for the kindergarteners. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, they came with their parents and had special activities to do. One of the activities was pictures. Today I saw a composite picture of my new kindergarteners. They are a cute bunch. I tutor in kindergarten. Please do not laugh. We have all-day kindergarten. The kids have some definite educational goals to reach by the end of school in June and they have a short attention span. They need a little help to reach their academic (and please do not laugh at the use of academic) goals. We work hard but still it is a struggle for some. We will see what this new school year brings.
The wedding sampler has been a struggle for me this week and there is little progress to show you.
I struggled with the idea of needleweaving and making the picots on the stretcher bars and rollers. I could just barely pinch and pull the thread through to make the picots in the two small triangles. There was no way I could reach the larger triangle to pinch and pull the thread through to make picots. I finally gave in and took the fabric off the stitching frame. I just may end up taking out what I have already done to redo it off the frame.
During the Labor Day weekend, I made baby blessing cards for little girls. We have a program at the local hospital meeting and welcoming new parents. It is a PR thing for the hospital but we also offer a blessing to the new babies if the parents wish it. I cannot tell you how joyful it is. After we do the blessing, we give the parents a card with the blessing to bring home. It truly is an act of love.
I am working on Dog House Sampler again. I have desperately needed to do some non-mentally taxing work for relaxation and to occupy myself. It will become a tooth fairy pillow for the grandson of a friend.
Last but not least, get yourself over to Nancy's blog to register for another of her give aways.
Go to see what I mean; her give aways are fabulous.




7 comments:
Everything is lovely. You are accomplishing so much and staying so busy. I don't know how you manage to keep it all going.
What a wonderful morning for you!
How I can relate to your troubles with your sampler... Hopefully you can get it sorted out and start to enjoy working on it again. Really very beautiful.
Bless your heart, your cards look adorable!
Great update!
No laughing here about the kindergartners. My grandson started 1st grade this year and the school he attends is just as concerned about the little ones as the older kids.
Your stitching is lovely!
Lovely stitching Linda. I only do my Kloster blocks on a frame, everything else in Hardanger I do with the fabric in hand.
I'm curious, how old are Kindergartners? Here they start reception in school year in which they will be 5, so some of the late birthday ones are barely 4 when they start
Trying again as it seemed to eat my last comment. I always work Hardanger with the fabric in hand, I think you need the flexibility (well I do anyway)
I was wondering how old Kindergartners are? Our Reception children range from barely 4 to almost 5 depending on where in the year their birthday falls
What a nice idea with the baby blessing cards.
Beautiful stitching.
Good luck on your first day back to school. I remember kindergarten like it was yesterday.
I have never stitched anything with variegated thread. Your hand dyed floss looks so beautiful. It makes me want to try stitching with it. I like doing Kloster blocks but I have never been able to get my doves eyes to be consistent. And cutting & pulling threads make me nervous.
Post a Comment