Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Can You Believe It? It Has Been a Week and I Am Back.

Well, I have been busy during the past week.  I did back the two hangings for baptism in time for last Sunday.  I was so intent on finishing them on time that I forgot to take pictures of them when they were finished.  But please believe me that they were in church on time together with the baptismal certificates that I printed.  There was a third certificate that I brought in too.  We had two baptisms on 9 August; I printed them together with the one baptism on 23 August.  I forgot to change the date on the one for 23 August so I had to print it over.  Am I loosing my mind or what? 

I have been doing some knitting. 
It has been so long since I got this yarn that I no longer have the coat that it was to go with.  I think I may give it away. 
The scarf is over 72 inches long.  The ends are turned up and stitched together along the sides to form a pocket at each end. 
You can put your hands or things in the pockets.
Or you can just have them as a decorative feature. 
Neat huh?  I thought so.  That is why I wanted to make the set. 




I continue to work on the wedding sampler.  This week I had to do a little repair work so you cannot see that.  I did stitch in all the Algerian eyelets in all the chevron sections between the kloster blocks. They are stitched in Kreinik braid but you cannot really see the glitz it is so subtle.  You may see a little at the bottom of the middle chevron but because the field of focus is a little narrow, that area is a little blurred. 
I will go on to stitch a line of twining vine on each side of the three rectangles.  Then I will begin cutting the linen and needleweaving.  Please hold me in your thoughts as I cut the fabric.  That is always a slightly scary time. 
I am not going to do much stitching tonight because we are going out to pick up a 12" square canopy.  It is for one of our sons; he is a telephone lineman.  It will keep the sun off him when he is working.  If he does not want it, we will use it to give us a little shade when working in the garden.  It is a win-win no matter what the final outcome. 

Now for a little shameless advertising.  I want you to go over to Nancy's blog, Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe.  She has another give away and you can state your choice for what you what your give away to be.  her things are a delight to have and to work with. 

4 comments:

Christine said...

The Hardanger is looking great Linda, lovely colours in the wool too

Deb said...

Your knitting is superb! Love the colors!
Sympathize with you on the hardager. I haven't done it in years as i am afraid to improperly cut the threads. Beautiful work. Good luck with the canopy.

Unknown said...

The scarf is lovely - love the colors!
Your wedding sampler is coming along beautifully!

diamondc said...

Hi Linda: Your Wedding Sampler is beautiful, such stunning color contrast.
It always feels good to have a full finish, like your Baptismal Samplers.
Love the knitting you are doing, very pretty color.

Blessings
Catherine