I guess that life just happens regardless of what we plan.
Deb, I am very sorry I never posted your comment on my last entry.
I had hoped to make an entry to show you what I am doing once a week. Let's start again.
We have had several baptisms at church during August. There are two more on 30 August.
I was stitching one from the beginning and have it ready to back. I am just waiting for the second one that someone else is stitching to finish them both at the same time.
Here is the one that I stitched.
Just the other day, I received in the mail, a partially finished sampler. It is Heirloom Wedding Sampler by Thea Dueck, Victoria Sampler.
The owner of it is having some health and vision problems that are preventing her from finishing the stitching. Thea suggested to her that I might be able to finish it and so I am finishing it.
It arrived rolled on scroll bars making it not especially easy for me to show you the entire sampler. What I have to do is finish the Hardanger section at the bottom and finish the floral heart garlands at the top and then stitch on all the pearl beads.
I have stitched this sampler twice already so I am ready to go.
This is the first one I stitched.
This is the second one that I stitched.
This is the one that I am going to finish.
Tonight, I am going to try to match my stitching to that of the owner by working the remaining diamond eyelets that surround the three rectangular cartouches at the top of the section.
Now I want to tell you about Nancy's fabulous give away.
Her threads are lovely; just take a peek.
Go to her blog to register for her give away.
And that's all folks for this week.





6 comments:
Beautiful stitching! Very kind of you to finish the sampler. Gorgeous threads!
Lovely stitching Linda, and how kind of you to take on that ladies sampler
Linda, your stitching on the baptismal project is lovely - love that shiny thread!
The sampler you're doing for another is going to be so pretty - and your first is beautiful!
Blessings, Donna
Beautiful sampler!
How kind of you to finish a sampler for another. The stitcher will truly understand and appreciate what you are doing. Bless you.
Linda: What a lovely Lady you are to finish the Sampler, you truly are a sweet Lady.
Blessings
Catherine
Post a Comment