We have been painting. Our associate pastor and her family are moving into the parsonage. We need to paint. So I have been painting. My son, our senior pastor and I painted her future sewing room. My son and I also did some clean up work. All in all, it has been rewarding but tiring. It has motivated me to think a little more seriously about the painting we must do. This week I picked up a gallon of ceiling paint and a gallon of wall paint. Because they blend one into another, I selected colors from a single paint card for the front entry, bedroom hallway, passage way from the front entry to the living room, and the living rooom. The front entry is extremely small; the bedroom hall and passage way to the living room are confined and have no natural light. So those three areas will be the lighter shade while the living room which is quite large and has south and east windows will be the darker shade. I picked up the lighter paint because where it will be going are three small areas and the living room is so large it is scary. I need to begin by vacuuming the corners and prepping the walls. I think the radiators will be what I paint first. They are such a pain to paint that if I have them done before I paint the walls, the painting should seem like a breeze.

Our church youth program has been giving the confirmation students a fleece blanket when they are confirmed. It is a reminder that as they wrap themselves in the blanket, the members of the congregation figuratively wrap their arms around them and stand behind them. We stitch a patch of the United Methodist symbol on the blankets. I stitched eight but the eighth blanket was flawed. Fortunately I did not wait until the last minute to do it and we have ample time to arrange for an exchange.
I have just barely begun Little Bo Peep.
My XOUFO is coming along very nicely. The row with the nine pansies took a long time and was very fussy to stitch. The final parts should progress very quickly in comparison.
5 comments:
It's all lovely. Sounds like you are spending your time doing meaningful, helpful, and fulfilling things.
Linda, looks good. I still have this one in my stash as well as the "last stitches". I wonder if I'll ever get to them. You've done a nice job!
What nice gift! Lovely fleece blankets!
Painting can make such a difference in a home, but it sure is a lot of work. I'm sure the homeowners will appreciate your efforts.
I love the idea of the fleece blankets for confirmation students, it is such a practical gift.
Beautiful stitching Linda.
Blessings
Catherine
Post a Comment