Thursday, July 3, 2014

Stitching Progress Report

The wedding sampler is coming along very well. 
The bottom has a line of eight carnations. 
Currently, I am waiting for the bride's initials.  I hope that she agrees to use three as I think that will look better than two. 

First Stitches is also looking good. 
My revised wording fits perfectly; I may add a few beads at the beginning and ending of the line. 
Currently I am working out the band of stitching to absorb the space left from the original wording and rearrangement of one of the other bands. 
This is proving to be a little more complex than I had originally thought.  Right now my plan is to stitch a band of pulled threadwork.  I need to stitch a little sample to help me better work out the right and left side placements.  Hopefully that will work well and then I can stitch it in. 

5 comments:

Christina G said...

Very pretty Linda. I have seen a small flower used in the middle of a two letter initial to balance it out. Something to consider in keeping with the design. Hugs, Christina

Unknown said...

It's coming along beautifully!
Blessings, Donna

Pamela D. Atkinson said...

this is so pretty! hugs and happy stitching Queeny

Christine said...

It's looking lovely Linda.

Annabelle said...

I love the revised wording, such great truth :)