Thursday, July 10, 2014

In a Holding Pattern, Sort Of

Except for the initials of the bride and groom, the sampler is finished and just waiting. 
I have added a lineage in the margin which will not show when it is framed to show my relationship to the groom. 
Yesterday I selected and ordered the mats and frame.  It was difficult to select the mats because there are not many peaches and apricots in the mats. 



Progress on my long overdue First Stitches is slow and only going to become slower. 
The row of square eyelets takes up some extra space that appeared after I made some modifications in the sampler bands.  I will most likely add something between the groups but will wait to make a decision until I have seen the finished sampler. 
From this row of pansies on, there will be no significant changes. 

Unfortunately, I will be setting this long suffering UFO aside for a few weeks.  My editor at Just Cross Stitch is sending me a little project with a very short turnaround time.  You know that I cannot share it with you until it has been published.  My blog entries will be a little thin after the packet arrives. 

Before I found out about the new project from JCS, I selected a new project to work until I got the initials for the wedding sampler. 
I had already taken a picture of it to share with you. 




I will start with Blue Carnations from Victoria Sampler.  It is going to become a birth sampler.  The colors that I will use are the same ones I used to make a birth sampler for each of her older sisters. 

5 comments:

Deb said...

Congrats on having your sampler ready to go! Beautiful!
Love your Just Nan.
Victoria Sampler has beautiful patterns.

Pamela D. Atkinson said...

Linda, I just started following your blog and it is wonderful. your stitching is superb !! hugs and happy stitching, Queeny

Christine said...

The wedding sampler is gorgeous Linda. Love the JN too, Mill Hill have a tiny crystal butterfly which would fit just nicely in those gaps in the eyelet row

Faith... said...

Very pretty Linda! I am sure the happy couple will love it!

viv said...

Lovely progress and congrats on having the wedding sampler so near completion. Will look forward to seeing your JCS piece at the appropriate time.