Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Little Progress

First let's look in on the UFO. 
The little motifs at the bottom will morph into five butterflies.  For some reason, they were very difficult for me to stitch; it was hard for me to keep track of the counting.  I was extremely relieved when I finished them. 

As I was stitching the butterfly band, I made a discovery.  I had completely forgotten that I substituted Waterlilies Meadow for the light and medium blue-greens in the garland with the roses.  I also checked and I am certain that I used DMC ecru #8 and #12 pearl cotton. 









There is a little progress on the wedding sampler.  The light has made the fabric look like it is an overdye which it is not.  The color is actually a solid from the manufacturer.  The actual color is extremely pale; it may be close to what is shown in the center. 

2 comments:

Deb said...

Nice work! Have some UFO's in progress too. Nice to finally see the light at the end of a UFO TUNNEL!

Christine said...

Both looking very pretty Linda