The garden has suffered this summer. It has been unduly hot and dry making the garden suffer.
We are getting tomatoes but they are small.
The vines of the vine crops have been extremely vigorous.
We have five squash, twelve pumpkins, and six cantaloupe plus a variety of cucumbers.
The onions and carrots did not do well. That may be more because our soil is heavy clay. We have added a lot of organic material and sand; the texture has improved a lot but it is still like adobe when the weather is dry.
The flowers have been a little pathetic.
And a single sorghum plant
We have no idea how it came to grow in the garden. It probably was in bird droppings. We also have four or five black walnut trees. I know that squirrels buried the nuts and forgot them. We will have to dig the little trees out.





1 comment:
Great pics Linda, you know how I love nasturtiums (or nasty-urtums, as my Dad used to say when I was little)
Post a Comment