Friday, September 21, 2012

Back Once Again

We spent most of this week at the extended family cottage on Mille Lacs.  It was a wonderful few days away from everything.  The weather conditions were not ideal but still it was good.  The lake was a little wild with as heavy waves as it generally can have.  The sound of the waves rolling in at night was extremely relaxing.  One of the mornings the sky was absolutely as clear as it could be.  The stars were brilliant and so much more visible than at home.  The phrase, "as countless as the stars in the sky" took on an immediate sense of the infinite - breathtaking, simply breathtaking.  As exciting as that was the morning I could stand in the pink light of dawn and know it was a deep pink.  It felt magical.

I am so sorry that I can no longer tell you we are leaving before we leave.  I fear that I have given enough personal information that I can be located.  When we leave, our sons stay in the house but they both work and are gone during the day leaving the house unoccupied except by the cats who have yet to learn how to call 9-1-1.  It is a sad commentary on our current society that I fear our home could be targeted during our absence. 

Do you remember back in  March when I posted this picture?

I told you that I could show you the front of the ornaments when the chart was published.

It was published in the Christmas Ornaments Issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine.  It has been out for a couple weeks now but I have been tardy about posting the picture for you.

Tricia Bage of Patricia Ann Designs made the design for Just Cross Stitch and I finished the ornaments for Tricia.  I think that I have finished all of Tricia's designs for the Christmas Ornaments Issue.

Last year her design appeared in the cover picture.  This year shortly after the issue came out, Tricia e-mailed me to say that once again we were cover girls.


I have not been very subtle about marking the scan so you can easily find the ornament in the picture. 
A little pride goes way too far. 

3 comments:

Christine said...

The break sounds idyllic.
I wondered if you had done the finishing again when I saw Tricia's design in the magazine

viv said...

Congrats to both of you on the ornament. Your time at the lake sounds lovely.

Annabelle said...

I love the Lake Mille Lacs area! How wonderful for you to get away for a bit. It is sad that we cannot share all personal information on our blogs - as this is a space meant for good and sharing creativity and encouragement. Good for you for taking precautions though.

The cross-stitch is beautiful. It's so cute how you used the arrow to point it out on the magazine cover. I may have had a difficult time otherwise locating it.