Friday, June 29, 2012

Knitting Progress


Taaa-daaa.  I made my first mitten.  It is getting more and more difficult to find nice wool mittens.  After longing for a pair of my grandmother's mittens, I took matters into my own hands.  I wanted a pair of mittens that had right and left hands and that looked like the ones my grandmother made.  I found a pattern that looked just about as good as I could hope for.  The knitting went fairly easily considering that I had never made a mitten.  There are some flaws but I think that I will improve as I knit more mittens.  One of our sons saw my mitten and tried it on.  He thinks it would need to be just a little wider for him.  He thinks I ought to make him a pair to go inside his chopper mitts. 

I set my sweater vest aside so I could make my mittens.  The sweater vest is nice to have but the mittens are a necessity. 

2 comments:

viv said...

They look flawless to me.

Christine said...

Looks like a fine mitten to me.
I made a sock once. Just one.
Now I can say it is something I can do, but I just got so fed up of the fine wool and the teeny tiny needles that I hadn't the heart to start the 2nd one