We just heard that there will be a strawberry bumper crop. There are several nearby pick-yourself strawberry fields; I wonder if we should get some. We do not grow strawberries, just raspberries. Today I planted seeds for nasturtiums, Alaska Mix, and Cardinal Climber. I will need to put in more nasturtium seeds; I just thought this variety would be an interesting choice with its bicolor leaves. Last year the hummingbirds were all over the Cardinal Climber so I planted more seeds this year on two trellises.
What exquisite pictures. Strawberries were very early here this year. In fact the town that has a yearly Strawberry Festival had to use mostly jams, breads, etc. Our cardinal climber reseeds here from the previous year. It becomes quite invasive, but the hummingbirds love it.
2 comments:
What exquisite pictures. Strawberries were very early here this year. In fact the town that has a yearly Strawberry Festival had to use mostly jams, breads, etc. Our cardinal climber reseeds here from the previous year. It becomes quite invasive, but the hummingbirds love it.
Ooh peonies, I love them even more than irises!
I've grown the variegated nasturtiums before, they make quite a fresh looking display
Post a Comment