I can hardly believe it. The lilacs have buds showing color; the cherry blossoms are coming out; my daffodils are beginning to bloom. The rule of thumb is that we can always take lilacs to the cemetery on Memorial Day. At the rate everything is going, we will be lucky to have peonies and iris still in bloom on Memorial Day.
Another rule of thumb is that we should not plant tender annuals before Memorial Day. Tomorrow I am going to pick up some pansies and other annuals that can take cold to plant in the front of the house. In two weeks, we will host the extended family for a combined birthday party. It would be nice to have some color in the front and especially nice if the flowers look fully settled in the garden.
I feel like I do not have time to sit down and catch my breath. I feel like I am constantly running.
A little progress on the Quaker Winder Keeper.
A little progress on the needlebook too
My sewing machine is still out for repairs; I may be able to have it back next week. But, I am not holding my breath. I wanted to make a silk chiffon scarf so I pulled out the old Singer Featherweight. I had forgotten how nice it straight stitches.



3 comments:
Lovely stitching Linda, and how nice that the old machine got an airing
I think we're all experiencing an early spring - and holding our breath to be sure it will stay!
Linda, I've given you the Liebster award as well! See my blog:
mountainstitcherontheplains.blogspot.com!
Singer is a machine for life I love my old singer I just wish it did specialty stitches, your stitching is coming along, very well.
Happy Easter
Catherine
Post a Comment