Friday, May 6, 2011

Yes I am still here

It has been extremely difficult for me to sit down to write.  We have had a couple late season snowfalls as well as some cold rain.  The day today is warm and pleasant.  A week ago I bought three packages of lily bulbs which I planted today.  At the time I bought them, it was cold out and I thought it was not worth frozen hands to get the bulbs in the ground promptly. 

The daffodils are blooming and so are the tulips.  The peonies are growing wild.  The iris are growing but are not showing buds yet so I still have to guess whether or not they will.  There is still some doubt because we had some frost after I uncovered them. 

When last you saw this, it was in progress.  I have finished the pocket with co-ordinating scissors fob and needlebook.  It is a gift for a dear friend.  Now I must decide when to send it.  I had finished everything but the needlebook when I received a sampler to stitch for a publisher. 

Just a week ago, I returned the sampler to the publisher for the editors to check it out.  They are still working on completing the design and it all may be returned to me to finish stitching. 

The point is that when the model arrived, I had to put this down.  Now it is finally finished. 

1 comment:

Christine said...

I wondered where you'd been Linda. Beautiful stitching as always.