This past week I was able to make some progress on the anniversary sampler. You can take a look.
Since I took this picture, I finished the chevron on the right and cut the threads in the center chevron. I am definitely making progress.
At last it appears that my friendly little hummingbird has finally begun its migration. I hope it makes its trip. This morning I saw a pair of eagles soaring over the freeway. They look so magnificent.
It seems like there has been little going on around the house and yard. We are putting the gardens to bed for the winter but feel reluctant to cut back blooming and green plants.
We are doing a little special cooking and baking. The weather has cooled a bit and cooking and baking have become fun again. This afternoon, I made a pear chutney. It will nicely complement the chicken we will roast on Sunday.
I very much appreciate all of your kind compliments about my special tablecloth.

4 comments:
Great progress. Always a treat to read your posts. Our last 2 hummingbirds weren't present today when I was outside.
Beautiful work!
DH, and I, were just talking about anchoring the green house and getting ready for cold plant weather.
Love hummers. We have blooming coleus plants and they seem to love them. Hope your hummer returns.
That is stunning!
You have eagles? Wow!
Your sampler is looking lovely! And the pear chutney sounds delicious!
It has finally cooled down enough down here that we can open the windows in the morning. We even had the windows and screen door (we live on the second floor!) open all night once last week!
Post a Comment