Wednesday, August 5, 2015

I missed posting last week.  I have been busy what more can I say?  It looks like life may begin to slow down a bit for a couple weeks. 
I have more pictures of the wedding sampler for you.  Actually I finished it a week ago and went out to order its mats and frame.  You should see the whole thing; until then, this will have to do. 

This is what you saw last, two weeks ago. 

Here it is finished with the needleweaving, beads, French knots, and silk ribbon work. Quite honestly,  I can take little credit for it.  I understand the colors are perfect.  I knew from the moment I put my hand on the fabric I was channeling other energy.  The sampler has a life of its own.  Now for a little more eye candy. 


During this week,  I have been working on a banner for a baptism at church.  I thought that I was seriously over extended when I discovered that the one I am working on is due 23 August and not 16 August.  We do have two due for 9 August but I only have to back them. 

Just to make certain I am not at loose ends, I have made four tote bags, one for each of the Nelson girls.  Two were born Nelsons and two married into the Nelson family.  I used the Row by Row license plates from All in Stitches in Zumbrota, MN.  My husband's father's family farm was in Zumbrota. 


5 comments:

Deb said...

Great update!mlovely stitching!
Happy you have some deadline breathing room

Christine said...

The sampler is beautiful Linda

Unknown said...

Linda - your work is lovely - the sampler came out beautifully!
I've been out of the quilting mainstream for awhile so I wasn't familiar with the Row by Row. Very interesting!
Blessings, Donna

Unknown said...

Love those tote bags! (You already know what I think about the sampler!)

viv said...

Beautiful stitching. I'm sure the tote bags were a hit.