Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Little Bit of Life

This week my stitching has been to make a baptismal banner from the cross stitching to the backing.  We have a baptism Sunday, 23 August and now I will back it.  When it is finished, I can begin making one for 30 August. 
The mats and frame were ready for the wedding sampler and I thought that you might like to see the fully finished sampler. 





It is time to think about my personal stitching.  It should take me a week to make the second baptismal banner. 
We had a nice time at the cottage last Saturday.  I did pick up Row by Row license plates at the quilt shop in Wahkon before we went on to the cottage.  The license plates are Fabric Fishing.  I guess that I will be making totes before I pick up my personal stitching.  It just gives me longer to mull over the decision.  And that, in itself, can be fun. 
This morning before the sun rose, as soon as I could see colors I was out in the garden.  Tuesday I got a new weigela bush for the hummingbirds and 5 new perennials for the garden.  This is the one that I got, My Monet.  The online information states that it is hardy to climate zone 5.  The garden center, a very reliable one, indicates it is hardy to zone 4.  I guess that I will have to save the receipt in case it does not make it through the winter.  I also got a gillardia; this one, Arizona Sun, a coreopsis, Sunray, and a leucanthemum, Real Charmer.  The three look very nice together and their heights should be complimentary. 
The last two perennials are a pair of campanula, White Clips and Pearl Deep Blue, just because I like these little flowers. 

1 comment:

Deb said...

Beautiful framing! Well done!

Love your new plants! The Arizona Sun and Real Charmer are so pretty.