Thursday, May 1, 2014

Yesterday I posted for the first time in almost a year.  Today I have been going through some of the posts from some of the blogs I had been following prior to the time I fell silent.  There is much going on which I want to catch up.

Christine's comment to my post yesterday brought back a flood of good memories.  I have never stitched Thea's design Heart to Heart as she designed it.  You can see it here.  I have stitched it 10 or 12 times modified to be a wedding sampler; all of the times I have stitched it, it was similar to what I uploaded for my post yesterday.  The major change, of course, was to use the bride's flowers and/or colors.

The first time I stitched Heart to Heart as a wedding sampler was for the daughter of a friend.  The young woman's name was Emily; her husband-to-be was Chad.  I stitched the sampler during a flight to Hawaii.  The young woman sitting next to me told me her name was Emily and that she was about to marry a young man named Chad.  All that I could think to say was, "Oh, I am sorry; this is for the daughter of a friend."  I felt certain that she thought I was a friend of Chad's parents and that the sampler would be hers. 

The first design of Thea's that I stitched was Peaches and Cream.  I used it as a pillow top and gave it to my mother.  I stitched it during a workshop held by a local needlework shop.  While I was there, I saw Silk Wysteria and fell in love with it.  It quickly found a home in my stash but I remained reluctant to stitch it.  Quite frankly, it intimidated me.  When I discovered that Thea was going to hold a cyberclass to teach it, I did not think twice about signing up for it.  Without that class, I would have never met Christine.  Her blog is The Alchymyst's Study

1 comment:

viv said...

So glad to see you back and to see your stitching. I've been absent from my blog as well. Yours is encouragement for me to return.
Hope your recovery continues well.