Well I have been absent for a little more than a year. Much has happened during the time I have been missing. One of the primary reasons keeping me away was the fact that I was stitching for my editor. There is little that I can tell or show you when I am working on unpublished things. I have resumed my personal stitching and can give you a peek at what I am currently stitching.
This is the beginning of a needlebook by From the Heart Needleart by Wendy. The design is Camelot's Rose Needlebook. The name comes from the name of one of the thread colors. Unfortunately I had only one of the colors and I wanted to work from my stash. I substituted out all of the colors except for England's Rose which is the pink. Perhaps I should rename my version England's Rose Needlebook. You can see the design here.
My current UFO is an unfortunate wedding sampler.
It has been lingering at this stage for way too long. It became an UFO because I did not like the effect of the needleweaving in the upper heart. I did it in the overdyed thread which looks lovely, I think, in the bargello heart. The thought of picking out needleweaving gives me a serious case of inertia which has built up to a monumental level.
Since my last posting, our beloved cat, Quincy died. Shortly before his death, we acquired a new kitten that we have named Cosmo. Cosmo is a wild child. We have also survived the most horrible winter we have experienced in many years. This April has had the second most rain for the month in recorded weather history. The rainiest one was in 2001. I cannot tell you how much I want an average spring.


4 comments:
Hi Linda, lovely to "see" you again.
I recognise that heart sampler. That was the very first of Thea's classes that I did all those years ago, and without it I'd never have got to know you.
When do we get to see pictures of the new kitten?
Enjoyed reading your post - I also have a couple of pieces that are sitting,m waiting for me to take action.
I'm sorry to hear of the passing of your cat, Quincy. Pets are a part of our family, aren't they? Enjoy Cosmo - having a kitten is so different than having an adult, isn't it? They are crazy!
Praying for better weather for you.
Blessings, Donna -bbinteractive
A picture of Cosmo is forthcoming. I have to space things out so that I have something to post on other days. ;-D
Linda your wedding sampler is beautiful! The top heart is still very pretty.
So sorry for your Quincy.
Congratulations on your new kitty.
Post a Comment