Yes, I am back again with no excuses or explanations other than I just was not writing. I wasn't even looking at the blogs that I follow. I can now show you the gift that I made for Blackbird Designs Exchange. I just arrived. Because it was an international delivery, I was afraid that it might not arrive in good time if I did not send early. I posted on the first and it arrived today.
Monday mornings I go to school. I help one of the kindergarten teachers at our local elementary school. Essentially I give the little kidletts some extra practice to help them develop pre-reading, basic reading, and basic number skills.
Today was a wonderful day. While I was working with him, a little boy, one of the youngest in the class, learned to count by 10's and subsequently learned to read all numbers between 1 and 100. When he caught on to counting by 10's, his face lit up with the excitement of the ah-ha moment. I will always remember and treasure that moment; it was like a light went on in the room. After that, he was able to read all the big numbers and every time, his face lit up with pure joy.

2 comments:
The exchange gift is lovely Linda.
Moments like that are the reason I keep on putting up with all the stress at work
Such a beautiful exchange piece you made Linda.
Post a Comment