Yesterday I finished this little ornament as a tongue in
cheek gift to the husband of one of our pastors. I actually decided to
make it just prior to Christmas but had to put it aside. We had a baptism
scheduled on very short notice for the Sunday between Christmas and New Years
Day. Dad was home on leave.
Through the years, we have frequently had a baptism
scheduled on short notice on that particular Sunday and they are more likely to
not be military families. My theory is that the family is together for
Christmas when they begin to talk about the fact that everyone or at least
everyone who is important is in town so let's see if we can have the baptism
right now.
This year I had to set the moose aside to prepare the
baptism banner. Our pastor's husband is a librarian and also does a
reading program during the summer at our church. It is an outreach to the
community as a whole. He calls it Moose on the Loose and uses a plush
moose puppet to help him read the books to the children. When I saw this
design from Designs by Lisa in the 2012 Just Cross Stitch Ornaments Issue, I
knew it would be perfect.
Now the big question was would my off beat sense of humor be
understood or just politely tolerated. Today our pastor's laugh said that
her husband would truly appreciate his new moose.


3 comments:
That is adorable Linda, I'll bet he loved it
Lovely ornament.
catherine
That is so cute how you were able to tailor the gift to his outreach ministry. What a sweet and thoughtful gift.
Post a Comment