Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Just a Couple Finishes

My stitching was seriously interrupted but I did complete a couple small things among them are these two. 


They both were gifts.


 I needed to finish this one by Sunday to give it to its intended recipient.  Our son, Dan designed it to go with the set of three that we have stitched and assembled during the past three years.  He designed a set of three. 

When we stitched the first one of this design, we made valuable discoveries about the effects of color.  It has been an extremely interesting and educational process for us. 

This past Saturday I put in an all day stitching marathon to stitch the back with the year and one of the motifs from the front and then to assemble the ornament.  There is a second one waiting to be finished.  I knew I did not have time to work on it Monday because I was in a food prep mode preparing for Christmas. 

Monday I prepared the dough to make scones.  Yesterday morning all I had to do was cut the disks of dough and pop them in the oven.  I had six dozen, more than enough for the brunch I took to the Maternity Care staff, for the extended family Christmas dinner, and for us.  We brought leftover scones home from Christmas dinner and now we have lots at home.  Monday I also prepared the egg bake to take to the staff.  All I had to do was pop it into the oven when we finished baking the scones. 

While the egg bake was in the oven, I began to make pies for the extended family Christmas dinner.  I only had to make three this year because some of the family did not come. 

2 comments:

viv said...

Lovely ornaments. Didn't know there was another designer in the family.
Well done. Happy New Year.

diamondc said...

Linda: Beautiful ornaments, I hope 2013 is a good stitching healthy and happy year for you and your Family.
Blessings
Catherine