Thursday, December 20, 2012

Alive and Well in MN

During the night we had a little snow; areas south of us had much more.  Snow pictures may follow depending upon how it looks once the sun is up.  I have been doing a little stitching and sewing during my absence. 

Do you remember this little fabric envelope with all the buttons? 
I did do it all over again with different colors and fabrics and a lot less buttons.  This one is not nearly as heavy and I think more likely to be used. 





For the pocket, I used two fabrics from the Chateau Rouge collection by French General for Moda Fabrics.  The outside of the pocket is Laurette, pearl on red.  The lining is behind the pocket on the dark print, Flatetta, red on pearl. 

Just Cross Stitch magazine has begun to publish the sampler I stitched.  The January/February 2013 issue has the first part.  It will be published in 6 parts.  Beginning in September, I put everything that I was stitching for myself aside to stitch it.  I think it turned out very well.  Here is a link to the magazine but unfortunately at the time I posted this, it did not feature the current issue. 

4 comments:

Annabelle said...

The fabric envelope is darling, what do you plan to use it for?

Linda said...


I would use it to keep the threads and other things for a cross stitch project in one place. I have no idea what this one will do as it is a gift.

Christine said...

The project bag is gorgeous Linda

viv said...

Love the red rendition. I've looked several places including B&N and BAM, but have not found the current JCS.
Will continue to look for your stitching. Merry Christmas Hugs.