Yesterday was productive with two completions.
First is this little one. I edged it with nun's stitch so I could cut it out and use it without a seam allowance. It seemed like I had to stitch miles of nun's stitch.
Next are my mittens. I had set them aside because I was unhappy with the way I did the kitchner stitch closure at the top of the right mitten. I did quite well with help on the left mitten but the right mitten looked sloppy no matter what I did.
Yesterday afternoon, I knew what I wanted to do but the question was would I be successful.
First I finished the thumb and then I picked out the kitchner stitch. I was afraid that I would unintentionally rip out the knitting and not be able to knit it back in. I did rip down one round. When I picked up the stitches, I had the correct number and knitted back the round. Fortunately there was no shaping in the last round.
My first couple attempts were no more successful than what I had picked out. I set the mitten aside and read through my written resource a couple times and then I viewed the DVD that came with the book. As I sat in front of the computer monitor, I began joining the top. Using some things that I learned from the DVD, it began to come together. The right mitten top is not as well done as the left but I did it on my own and I am certain that I will be able to do better the next time I need to do the kitchner stitch.
It was fortunate for me that I finished these little projects yesterday because I will have little time to work on them for the remainder of the month. The model that I am stitching was delivered just as I finished the mitten.


3 comments:
Great finishes. I had to watch a youtube video to get my finishing on sock toes. So thankful for resources.
kdsmi 3Great finishes Linda
Linda: Love the mittens and the color is georgous.
I love Blackbird Designs.
Catherine
Post a Comment