At last, I finished stitching the model for Hoffman Media. It is in the post and on its journey back to the office. I hope the next time I see it, it will be published and not because I have to rip something out to restitch.
There is so much that has happened while I was in hiding that I hardly know where to begin and what to tell you about. I guess that I will just make a beginning; maybe I will eventually tell you everything that is on my mind and maybe some of it will never be said.
I did finish my Blackbird Designs Exchange gift and sent it out on time.
I happened to be browsing in one of the local stores when I saw the memo portfolio with the old fashioned looking picture of the Eiffel Tower. That made my choice for the stitching very easy. Yes, this is the completely finished project I have been showing you as the work progressed.
Everything is from my stash. Almost all, if not all, of the white buttons are mother of pearl. The others are not. There are so many buttons, I guess that I will post a picture of it with Button Floozies.
My gift arrived today all the way from Arizona.
It is the perfect antidote to the post holiday letdown that usually visits our home. After all, there is a finite amount of Thanksgiving Day leftovers one can consume.
When I took the box out of its protective tissue wrapping, I was impressed by the fact that it goes so well with the previous Blackbird Designs Exchange gift I received.
Yesterday when I woke up the temperature was above 40°F but we had been warned that a weather front would begin to pass through the area about noon. The temperature, we were kindly informed, would drop like a lead sinker and be accompanied by some fairly heavy wind. In the wake of that weather front, a second one would pass through bringing some precipitation, most likely snow considering the temperature.
The predictions were 100% correct. This morning we woke up to heavy winds that were still blowing a little snow around. The temperature is such a shock from the lovely November temps we have had that it is hard to feel comfortable. The weather forecasters have also kindly informed us that the ground will now freeze. Fortunately we had been watering our yard and garden so as the ground freezes, it will be solid. This is very good because it is hard on the soil if it is dry when it freezes. I decided we needed to fire up the ceramic oven to take the chill out of the living room.



3 comments:
Your gift to your exchange partner is beautiful and you are right the exchange this year goes so well with your last exchange.
I hope all is well with you I am getting nready for Christmas.
Catherine
It was my pleasure to stitch the box for you. Thank you for your kind words...and I am glad you liked it.
Your Eiffel tower finish is gorgeous Linda, the buttons look fabulous on it. The box you received is beautiful too.
It's been very wet and windy here as well
Post a Comment